Insuring Your Engagement Ring
One of our strong recommendations following the purchase of an expensive Diamond Ring relates to insurance. We advise that all clients arrange insurance of their item to safeguard themselves against theft, loss and damage. Insurance provides important peace of mind to Diamond jewellery owners and for this reason we recommend T. H. March for jewellery and Engagement Ring insurance.
T. H. March are one of the country's leading jewellery insurance specialists, providing cover and advice from several offices located between Dublin, Birmingham, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Sevenoaks and Plymouth.
Please quote AB184T when arranging cover.
Call T.H.March directly – phone 01822 855555, quoting AB184T.
Why Insure Your Engagement Ring?
Arranging a separate policy for your item(s) of jewellery can often work out less expensive than insuring them as named items on a home insurance policy. The jewellery insurance policy will most likely be more comprehensive offering additional cover for peace of mind. From the moment you have an item of jewellery in your possession, ensure the item is covered by insurance. Theft, loss and damage are almost always unexpected. Preparing insurance cover for your jewellery will provide reassurance in the event of loss, damage or theft. Many stand alone jewellery policies ensure quick resolutions when claims are made, and claims will not affect your home cover and home insurance premiums. Two distinct advantages along with specialised advice and potentially lower premiums.
Important Steps to Take
Remember that even if your items is covered by insurance, and replaced, the sentimental value can never be replaced. For this reason, consider the following advice to ensure the safety of your jewellery.
- When staying in hotels place unworn jewellery in the room safe.
- Don't leave jewellery unattended in vehicles.
- Carry jewellery within your hand luggage when travelling by plane.
- Keep your rings on when washing hands in public.
- Take care removing gloves on cold days.
- Check bracelet/necklace clasps regularly.
- Ensure ring settings are checked by your jeweller.
- Don't use chemicals such as hairspray around pearl jewellery.
- Avoid Diamond jewellery scratching softer gemstone jewellery.
- Ensure rings are correctly sized, not too loose.
- Keep your jewellery valuations up to date.
- Remove jewellery at home for manual work.
- Ensure home door and window locks are in good order.
- Keep keys at home out of locks and sight.
- If you have a burglar alarm at home, ensure it is used and in good working order.
- Ensure insurance policies are renewed annually.
- Check small print on policy regarding overseas travel.
These are just a few words of advice, to help protect your jewellery, but seek the advice of specialists such as T. H. March for further guidance on insuring your items.